Paeans - and Aches

over the years

Saturday, April 12, 2003

Blues for X

Took me so long to find you.
Searched so many years.
Now you’ve gone and run away,
And left me with my tears
(oh i’m) lost without you, baby,
         don’t know which way to go.
         lost without you, baby,
         whereever did you go?
Yes there were troubles, baby,
But when i was in your arms,
It wasn’t too much for me,
’Cause i was in your arms.
(that’s why i’m) lost without you, baby,
         don’t know which way to go.
         lost without you, baby,
         can’t fight the world no more.
Was easy with you, baby.
With you standing next to me,
The world was such a lovely place
And so much more to see.
(but now i’m) lost without you, baby,
         don’t know which way to go.
         lost without you, baby,
         don’t want the world no more.
Was blind before i met you,
Then suddenly i could see.
And just as i learned to use my eyes,
You took the light away from me.
(so i’m) lost without you, baby,
         don’t know which way to go.
         lost without you, baby,
         why did you have to go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home